"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Friday, July 12, 2013

Sunshine Series: Character Interview

Today I have Sophie and Myles from Nikki Rae's Sunshine series, now if you haven't heard or read Nikki's Sunshine series you really should.

Sunshine (Sunshine, #1)Sun Poisoned (Sunshine, #2)
 
I will hopefully get deep inside the minds of Sophie and Myles, so let's start the questions!


Sophie: You been through a lot in your life, how come you decided to keep all that inside rather than tell someone? Even Myles felt your pain and your suffering


I’d rather keep things to myself than have people know. I don’t want anyone pitying me. I don’t need that.


Myles: What made you decide to tell Sophie about yourself?

She also had things happen to her that she couldn’t control, so I felt like she would understand. Though she wouldn’t admit it at the time, she trusted me, and I didn’t want to keep such a large part of me hidden from her anymore.

Sophie: You seem most at peace with yourself when you’re playing the piano, what are you thinking when you play?

That’s the thing. I don’t think when I’m playing. All I need to do is make sure the sounds that come out of that instrument are the sounds I visualize in my head. Everything else melts away. Nothing else matters.

Sophie: You and your mom don’t have that mother-daughter relationship, but when you got hurt that dynamic changed . . . How’s your relationship now?

It’s pretty much the same. Well, now it’s the same, but she calls me and asks how I am and she also holds back saying what she would have said without thinking pre-accident. So I guess it’s slightly better.

Myles: How old are you really? Or are you touchy about your age?

I don’t really know. I know I’m somewhere around four hundred, but I don’t remember when my birthday was when I was alive. Even if I did, years go by a lot faster for me, so it’s hard to keep track. I’m not exactly touchy about my age, but I don’t like thinking about it because it makes me think about what I am.

Sophie: How’s your band adjusting to the New York lifestyle? Any new songs from you and the band?

The band is doing AWESOME. We’ve been fighting like crazy, trying to understand each other when writing out the music because Boo and Trei read sheet music and I don’t, but other than that it’s been a blast. We’ve covered a lot of songs as well as written some new ones we’re excited to share.

Myles: You “marked” Sophie without her knowing it, did you ever explained to Sophie about that?

I did. I had my reasons for it, and I was going to tell her, but a lot of things happened afterward and it didn’t seem right to bring it up. I will, though. Eventually.

Myles: You said in the end when Sophie was dealing with Michael’s blood that you will fix your relationship with Sophie, how will you do that? I know Sophie had reasons to be angry at you and she's is known to keeping things that hurt her deep inside

We’ve both kept things from each other. When you get two people together that are used to hiding everything about themselves, I guess that’s the risk you take. I want to tell her everything. Telling her everything may not fix our relationship—it may break it entirely—but she deserves to know the truth.

Sophie: What your thoughts about getting your relationship fixed?

It’s going to take a whole lot of super glue to fix this. I hope it can survive, but at this point, I just don’t know. I don’t like thinking about it.

Well there you have it! I like to thanks Sophie and Myles for stopping by and answering my questions. I do hope that Sophie and Myles will be able to fix their relationship and hopefully will be in a happy place of their relationship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment